Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy (PJGA) is a growing interdenominational K to Grade 12 Christian school in the beautiful Comox Valley, British Columbia. We are committed to providing a purposeful and planned academic curriculum where reading, writing and mathematics are emphasized. Our teachers are passionate about learning and promote a classroom learning environment that is joyful, kind and gracious.
We have one employment opportunity available at this time:
Grade 5 Teacher Maternity Leave
The position is a 1. FTE, full-day, Monday through Friday from January to June 2018 and the right candidate may be eligible for a full-time, permanent position in upcoming school year. Contract to begin January 8th through June 30th, 2018. Salary is based on years of classroom and teaching experience. Will consider a P/T FTE for the right candidate.
Candidates applying for the position must be:
- A committed, church-attending Christian
- A BC certified teacher for the 2017-2018 school year
- Positive, affirming and energetic
- Organized and tidy
- Comfortable in using a variety of classroom technology
- Strong in differentiated learning.
The ideal candidate will be a faith-filled, team-oriented professional with a passion for children and learning. The successful candidate must provide a pastoral reference and be willing to sign a Community Code of Conduct Agreement.
The application must include:
- A current resume with two professional references
- Copy of your BC Teachers Certificate
- Copy of University Transcripts
- A statement of faith and personal testimony.
Only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail resumes to: Dr. Lori Carpenter, Dean of Academics, Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy, 1475 Noel Avenue, Comox, BC V9M 3H4.