Outlined below is the General Policy & Admissions Procedure. If you have questions or concerns, please check the FAQ page, or call the office.
- To be eligible for admission, parents/guardians, and students in Gr. 8-12 must not only affirm the vision of the school, but understand, support and adhere to Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy’s Code of Conduct.
- Parents/guardians and students must understand that Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy teaches through the lens of a Christian world-view. All students must attend weekly Bible classes and chapel sessions as a condition of enrolment.
- Students will only be admitted when the school deems there are adequate resources available in the school to provide a suitable standard of support and education to the child.
- Parents must be willing to meet the yearly required 25 hours of volunteer service to the school community or pay an opt-out fee of $250.00 per year.
- Students applying for admission who are residents outside of Canada and the United States will need to apply as international students.
- It is the policy of Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy that children must be 5 years old on or before December 31st of the year of enrolment in order to qualify for entry into Kindergarten. Exceptions may be granted by the Director in rare cases following an assessment process and parent understanding that full tuition in Kindergarten and Grade 1 will apply as government funding is not available.
- Admissions priority will be as follows:
- Students who are re-enrolling (re-registration must be completed by Mar. 31).
- Siblings of students already enrolled in the school (application must be completed by Mar. 31).
- New students of families from Christian churches with an endorsement letter from the pastor of their church.
- All other applicants.
- If the parents of the student applying for admission are not permanent residents of BC, the school will not receive government funding for the student and the posted tuition fees will be adjusted to take into account the shortfall.
- Carefully review the documents available on the school website under the side bar giving particular attention to the “Code of Conduct”. Families who do not have internet access may obtain copies of the Admissions Package directly from the school office.
- Obtain the Application for Admission Form and forward the completed and signed application, copies of any previous academic transcripts, with a non-refundable $50 administration fee to the school office. Application forms can be downloaded from the school web site or obtained from the office during school hours.
- Once the materials mentioned above are received by the school, arrange an appointment for an interview with the Director and a tour of the school. The purpose of the interview is to provide further opportunity to familiarize the new family with the school, determine how the school can best serve the family, and ensure a successful placement for the student.
- The results of the application process will be communicated to the parents by the Director as soon as possible. The process usually takes 2 weeks to complete.
- Upon acceptance of an application, a non-refundable deposit of $200.00 is due and payable to complete the enrolment process and secure a seat for the upcoming school year. This deposit will be applied as a payment towards the first month’s tuition.